When May 26th rolls around we will have a chance to celebrate one of the tastiest holidays of the year…National Blueberry Cheesecake Day! Blueberries are great for a lot of reasons, we’ll take about a few, share some great recipes with blueberries, and we’ll show you how to celebrate in a unique way!
It’s National Blueberry Cheesecake Day But Here are Other Things Blueberries Can Offer
Before we get into an incredible recipes for blueberry cheesecake we should probably take about how great blueberries are, right?
Well lucky for all of us they’re SO GREAT. There are so many incredible benefits to eating blueberries. If you weren’t a fan before, you might have to start becoming one because these benefits are all going into the plus column for me!
- Blueberries are a fruit that is high in nutrients without being high in calories. They have vitamins C, K, and manganese as well as plenty of fiber!
- Out of all the common fruits, blueberries have the highest levels of antioxidants. In case you were wondering, antioxidants do some pretty incredible things for our bodies…like fighting free radicals!
- Antioxidants found in blueberries aid our brain in its basic functions and can reduce cognitive decline in older people.
- Blueberries are so powerful, these amazing little berries can even help with inflammatory conditions thanks to all those antioxidants.
- Did you know that blueberries lower LDL cholesterol? That’s the bad one so you can reduce your risk of heart disease by eating these tasty little berries.
- Thanks to all those vitamins and fiber blueberries are also great for the digestive and urinary tract systems!
- Want to slow the aging process and fend off diseases? Antioxidant rich blueberries can help with that too!
How incredible is it that these little berries can do so much good?! These are only a few of the incredible benefits of eating blueberries.
Here are some references for you to learn even more about blueberries and their health benefits:
I learned so many cool facts while researching this article. Blueberries are amazing and if you want to learn more (or you just want to check up on me) you can do so at these links below. They have lots of great information and resources in case you want to learn even more about the superfood that is blueberries.
How to celebrate National Blueberry Cheesecake Day:
One of the ways you can celebrate National Blueberry Cheesecake Day is by heading out to a blueberry farm to pick your own blueberries. Here in Houston there is a great option nearby. You can head to Moorhead’s Blueberry Farm in Conroe. It’s about an hour from downtown Houston and it makes a great little adventure with the whole family. Pick what you like and enjoy the spoils of your adventure in some tasty recipes once you get home.
Moorhead’s Blueberry Farm (~1 hour from downtown Houston)
19531 Moorhead Road, Conroe, TX 77302
What should I bake with all of these amazingly fresh blueberries we just picked?!
Good news. There are an endless supply of recipes out there for not just blueberry cheesecake but blueberry cheesecake style recipes! Here are just a few of the incredible options. Let us know which one you’ll be trying with your freshly picked blueberries this year!
Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Cake
Contest Winning Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake